Businesses might wonder why they should make the switch to the Cloud for their business. It’s faster, cheaper, and easier than ever to utilize the Cloud to help run your small to medium business. Cloud capabilities are quickly making traditional in-house server rooms obsolete. With options like Microsoft Azure and Office 365, you’ll be wanting to make the switch to the Cloud too!
Azure is a cloud environment that can virtually host your servers, complete with custom specifications based on your business needs. Office 365 is a cloud-based version of Office applications that auto-updates, so you have the latest version available. This lets you take care of business, regardless of where you are.
Why Use Office 365?
The MANY perks to using Office 365 include: Scalability, Collaboration, and Mobility. Let’s take a quick peek at each one…
- Office 365 is structured to adapt to your business’s growth.
- Adding and removing users is a cinch.
- Increasing storage capacity is easy, regardless of how your business grows, Office 365 moves effortlessly along with you.
- Bonus perk is knowing that you won’t be stuck with paying too little or too much for what you’re using.
- Office 365 applications are designed to collaborate with each other, making it easy for coworkers to navigate around different files.
- Co-creating, co-editing, and sharing updates with your colleagues is instant so there’s no downtime waiting for a file to download!
- All of the components of Office 365 are accessible via an app,
- Regardless of what device you’re logging in from, or where, accessing your work is just a click away.
How Do I Know If Office 365 Right for My Business?
The truth is, you’re probably already using some parts of Office, so a transition to Office 365 would be a smooth transition.
The next question might be WHEN to transition over to Office 365? Since Microsoft has stopped supporting the Exchange Server 2010, now is a great time! Plus, once you’ve migrated and updated to the newest version of Exchange, you’ll ALWAYS be using the latest version of Office 365!
Of course, we always recommend meeting with your IT Consulting Service before making any changes to your current set-up. This will ensure you’ll have Office 365 tailor-made to your business’s specifications.
Why Use Azure?
The MANY perks to using Azure include: Scalability and Security. Let’s take a quick peek at each one…
- Azure is structured to adapt to your business’s growth.
- Once designed and implemented, a correctly scaled environment can grow and shrink with demand.
- Increasing storage capacity is easy, regardless of how your business grows.
- Most costs are monthly and you don’t pay for what you don’t use!
- As with all of the major cloud services, Azure offers enterprise security at a fraction of what your company would spend to implement the same measures.
How Do I Know If Azure is Right for My Business?
This is a more difficult question. There are still monthly costs and your business needs to weigh the options of capital expenditures, such as new servers, against the operational costs of your Azure subscription. Depending on your budgetary needs, there are many options. You may be better off with a hybrid installation or an Azure only install.
The best path is to evaluate your current usage and future plans. A great time to do this is before your next server upgrade. Your IT provider should be able to give you a detailed break down of the estimated Azure costs vs physical hardware. Don’t forget the extra redundancy that Azure provides with multiple Internet connections and power. Once you have that comparison, you need to make a choice!